Monday, November 30, 2009

Why not a box?

I've been thinking a long time about what to say next, but one thing has come up over and over again. And that is, why not distribute your wine in (dare I say it?) a box?

There, I've said it. I hear the sound of the angry mob, armed with pitchforks and torches, coming to break down my door.

Okay, let me refine that question a little more. Why not launch a by-the-glass program that features an environmentally conscious way of getting your wine to your customer that will not only reduce carbon emissions, but also save a bundle in shipping costs. Not to mention that the wine will last longer in airtight bags, thus saving even more from literally getting poured down the drain. How many bars or restaurants show their customers the bottle their glass of wine comes from?

I'd love to hear some reasons why wine cannot be distributed in boxes for by-the-glass programs. Anybody?

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment